Pages

1.20.2011

Candy sake-cups



I've been liking Japanese "wabi sabi" types of ceramic lately.
I love "wabi sabi" colors and texture. ( Of course, I never liked it when I was a kid)
 I'm so lucky that I am Japanese :D


But, once in a while, I want to make something pretty and fun.


I came up an idea of making sake-cups!
These are very small, so I can make very quickly and numbers of pieces in a short time.
(They are about 5cm in diameter)



I wanted to glaze with very vivid color, but almost all of the glazes would have "Wabi sabi" finish.
hmm...



However, since I used porcelain, the pieces came out beautiful colors.
*Porcelain is very white material


Shino glaze looks pretty good on it. It's always have some interesting result thats I can never guess until it comes out from a kiln.




 Clay: Porcelain
Glaze: Celadon, Shino, 

No comments:

Post a Comment